Friday, 9 October 2009

Happy Birthday Smudge

Today is Smudge's 3rd birthday. I cannot believe how quickly time is going. It seems like only yesterday that he was that tiny puppy!

And what a wonderful three years we have had! This dog has given me more than I can possibly say and I am so lucky that he shares my life. Thanks Smudgelet - here's to many more!!

His birthday began with a nice breakfast at a beach cafe (ok so maybe that was more for us than him :)) and then a long walk on the beach. My young cousins came and joined us and they all had a great time!! The girls loved being able to walk the dogs down to the beach on their leads. I am always really proud of my dogs around children. They are so gentle and very patient, but then I guess it helps that both girls know how to behave around dogs too. Scooby even plays tug with Erin (who is only 4) and considering the size of him and the strength he has, showed great self control and was very considerate of her. It's great for us to have access to such sensible children so that the dogs can get used to them.
And I love this picture of Maisie - look at those teeth!!!!!!
Later at home, Smudge decided that as it was his birthday he would just like to try and help himself to our chicken. Well why not? Bad sheltie dog!
And after a hard day's celebrating, he finally crashed!!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Smudge XxX

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely day. Why wasn't i invited? hehe. Happy B'Day to Smudge.

Speak soon

Luv Kat

Karen said...

Happy Belated Birthday Smudge,

Love Karen and the gang xx

Hudsondoglets said...

Happy Birthday Smudge

xxx

OBay Shelties said...

Did Smudge get shipped to Jersey in a cardboard box? :-) Happy Birthday little man!

Lian said...

Happy Belated Birthday Smudge!