Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Isn't this great?

As I am going to be away for my birthday at the weekend, I have been very lucky and have received some early presents! :) Georgia and Frankie gave me this lovely picture. Isn't it great? Not sure if you can see it all that well in this photo, but Mannix is saying 'quick Scooby, run, no one is looking' - very appropriate!! And I love the fact that Maisie is dreaming of food, and Scooby has knocked a pole! Haha! They certainly know our dogs well!! It definitely ranks amongst the most thoughtful presents I have ever received and will now take pride of place above our fireplace. Thanks guys!! x

This week the weather has been just dire. I don't think we have had one single day when it hasn't rained. And sometimes it has been torrential!! I just hate walking the dogs when the weather is like that. Makes it such an operation trying to get them all dry and clean before putting them into the car. Well actually it is impossible, which is why my car is always filthy!! Five wet dogs (we still have Tico visiting) just don't fit comfortably into the back of a Rav 4!! Yuk! But that has now all changed.........

We have been thinking about getting a new car for ages, but just couldn't decide on a model. We knew we wanted proper two tier caging in the back, but didn't really want to go to a full van. Partly due to the cost, and partly because I didn't fancy driving a van to the supermarket!! We looked at a couple of models had kind of settled on a Caddy until we saw a Renault Kangoo on the forecourt this weekend. We took it for a test drive and I have to say I was impressed. My only worry was that the boot space just wasn't big enough to accomodate Scooby comfortably. After speaking to a cage company and getting dimensions etc I was relatively happy, and the deal we were offered to trade in our Rav was just too good to turn down. We wouldn't have been offered anywhere near the same on a Caddy. So we are now the proud owners of a blue Renault Kangoo! Not the most stylish of cars I will admit, but certainly very practical! Pictures will follow. I have cages on order, but they will take a bit of time to come down, so we will have to rig up a temporary tail gate. It gets its first UK run this weekend as we are off to Agility Club. Yay!!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Aww, you're welcome, glad you liked it :o)
The Kangoo is great- a shame I could never have one-can you imagine me getting it out of a parking space haha!

Anonymous said...

all around the streets and houses rainbow flying high....