After Agility Club we went for some training with Bernadette. As usual I know have lots of major things to think about!! I have realised that I need to be much more analytical when I am training and think about the finer details much more! Needless to say I have pages of notes to go through now! We worked on speeding up his dog walk again as that is costing him so much time in the ring. We also did a few exercises that will help him to work at more of a distance and drive on ahead of me, and a few to help teach him to collect his body ready for 'out of nowhere!' weave entries. The great thing is that Bernadette gives me lots of excercises and ideas that I can take home with me.
I have a theory about the cloth tunnel. He swept wide around both of the cloth tunnels at Ag Club, which I couldn't understand as he has never had a problem with it. After thinking about it, last weekend I was working on moving his reward further away from the actual contact point. We had an A Frame, cloth, then jump. I was trying to reward him after the jump, but he kept coming around the cloth to get to the toy - so perhaps I inadvertantly taught him to go around the cloth!? Still, easily solved and we did lots of cloth tunnels at Bernadettes which he did with no problem at all. So fingers crossed its a temporary blip!
Bernadette also measured Mannix for us again, and he was 15.5 inches. Yikes!! He is now 23 weeks old, so is slightly on the large side! Hopefully he will end up at the top end of medium. But we can't wait for him to get a bit more coat, at the moment he looks really scruffy!!
Our journey home was horrendous. My legs have still not returned to normal and my stomach still thinks it is on a rollercoaster! I hate ferry travel at the best of times, but honestly this was bad. Can't believe I have to get back on one in just seven days time!! The things I do just to go to agility shows! Is it worth it I ask myself!?!?!?........of course!!
PVC Moveable Ring Dividers/Gates/Fencing
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment