Saturday was the GSD Agility show. I decided to use the agility course as a training run and really hold Smudge on his contacts - which I am pleased to say he did really well! I took the time to stop and verbally praise him before he was released. He was still in the 4-off position, but it was the first time that his performance in the ring has been consistent with his performance in training. So I guess that is progress?!? At the moment I am swaying towards 'if it aint broke don't fix it!' but that may change. Still thinking long and hard about this one! The only problem we had at the show was missed weave entries (again!). This was totally my fault as I tend not to tell him to weave early enough. Slapped wrists for me! I did video some of his runs, but blogger is doing something weird and won't let me upload video at the moment. Will add it later!! Scooby had three 'nearly' runs. Each time he took a pole, but it was always Pauls positioning that caused it. That will come in time! They are just putting into practise the new things Scooby has learnt since coming back from Lesley, so it is bound to take them a while to iron out the creases! The one thing Paul really kicked himself for though was entering the agility. His contacts were a mess, and now he wishes he hadn't entered. He has changed the way he is doing those as well, and really was not ready for the ring yet. I think it knocked both Scooby and Pauls confidence, so lots of work to do on those now!
We didn't enter all of the classes as we had to leave early - for a wedding! My brother was getting married (how inconsiderate - scheduling your wedding for the same day as an agility show!) HaHa!! So we left the show, dashed home to get changed and went to the theatre! Yes I did say theatre, as the wedding was held in the Jersey Opera House http://www.jerseyoperahouse.co.uk/. This is a beautful theatre which has connections to our family dating back to 1958. My brothers and I were brought up in and around this place, so it had extra special significance. My brother who got married still has connections with it as he works there as a stage technician! It was the first ever wedding and reception to take place there, and although I did wonder what it would be like, the setting was really unique and it worked very well.

Me and my other brothers. I am the oldest of 5, and there is a big gap between all of us! The youngest at the front was page boy at my wedding - he was tiny then but he is starting to look so grown up!


2 comments:
you brush up quite well Louise!!!LOL Sue
You brush up quite well Louise, I hope you had a dress on and not trousers!!!! LOL Sue
Post a Comment