People have asked me in the comments and in person if I could put some video of Mannix on the blog. So here it is!! Paul has been doing a little trainning session with him every day, so I managed to catch two sessions this weekend. His left and rights are coming along nicely, and he should be able to fade the physical cue fairly quickly I would imagine. He has also started the very basics of the elephant trick and 'leave it'. I asked him to start teaching 'leave it' as there have been many times over the past few days when I wanted Mannix to do just that!!!! At this stage all we want him to learn is that clicker training is FUN FUN FUN and make him eager to learn!
I have also put some video of him tugging with Smudge. He is strong! This is a fairly tame video to be honest, he has a tendency to be far too rough and we have to supervise playing very carefully. He is calming down though, which is a relief as he will not get away with playing with other dogs roughly. This video is a nice example of what a well behaved sheltie he 'can' be! Although he enjoys tuggin with Smudge, he actually prefers to tug with Paul, which is fantastic and just what we want so we are working to keep it that way!
Lastly is a short clip of the gang on the beach on Sunday. We have to be careful as Mannix can only go down for 5 minutes really as he is still so young, and we don't want to over excercise him. But boy does he enjoy those five minutes!!
I took some video of Smudge doing tricks so will upload that later.
Its the Jersey Agility Festival this Fri - Mon so a great social experience for Mannix, and a fun weekend for the others. Can't wait!!!!
PVC Moveable Ring Dividers/Gates/Fencing
7 years ago



4 comments:
Awwww, he is so sweet!!! I love the video of him tugging with Smudge. Keeps the video coming.
Good Luck at JAF! Keep us posted.
aww bless him x this video is sooo cute hehe x
i like the part at the end with all of them on the beach x
when you see mannix run past scooby you see how tiny he is compared to him x
cya soon good videos bye x
courtney
Awww he is cute. Well done for your 1st with Smudge.
what a cutie, i can't believe how much you have taught him already ! lovely video and piccies ! i wish i had the same energy & motivation as you two !
Post a Comment