We had sun! And lots of it! It was sooo hot here yesterday, it reached 27 degrees. Phew! Having seen the forecast we headed out really early to walk the dogs before it got too hot. And we were glad we did, as even at 8.30am it was starting to really heat up.













With the rest of the day Paul and I decided we wanted to do something completely different for a change, so we headed off to the Durrell Wildlife Preservation Trust, often incorrectly referred to as Jersey Zoo. I say that 'zoo' is incorrect as Durrell is very determined to make people aware that they are in fact a Wildlife Preservation Trust. This means that all of the animals there are an endangered species, many due to the selfish actions of man, and Durrell is heavily involved in ongoing work to protect them from extinction. I am not a fan of traditional zoo's, in any shape or form!! But this really is quite a special place with a really important message. The grounds are just beautiful and it was lovely to wander around watching such fascinating animals up close. All the animals have the most amazing areas to live in, not the typical 'enclosures' you see in zoos. They try to replicate their natural habitat, and I have to say the results are just wonderful! It's an amazing place to visit, and really makes you appreciate our world and what we are doing to it.





Once it had cooled off we took the dogs down to the beach for a swim. It's such a shame as I forgot my camera, but both Mannix and Smudge had their first swim! Neither of them have ever been brave enough, but with a little encouragement (i.e me carrying them out!) they both discovered that they really wouldn't drown after all! I really wish I had the camera....Smudges face was a picture!!!
Sadly I had to go back to work today. I could really get used to not having to work for a living!! The good news is that I only have two more days to get through before we head off for Letchworth this weekend. Have to break myself back into the working routine gradually you know! :))


No comments:
Post a Comment